Industry 4.0 represents the fourth step of the industrial revolution, which lead to the so-called “smart factories” of today: while the third industrial revolution was about plants automation that would save time, human resources, and cost, the objective of Industry 4.0 is to “automate this automation”.
The main pillar of Industry 4.0 is the new relation between the physical and digital world: this new bond leads to cyber-physical systems (CPS). Industry 4.0’s goal is to use this CPS to improve industrial and distribution processes, to reach higher efficiency and to introduce new products and services, impossible today due to limitations in the use of technology. Bringing together these two worlds is very complicated; interfaces are being studied to reach this goal through Machine 2 Machine communication and continuous Machine Learning.
REQUEST MORE INFO
CAAR supports its clients integrating Industry 4.0 vision, dedicating its resources to developing products and processes that allow the clients to adjust to this market revolution.
The main activites carried out by CAAR are:
- Advanced manufacturing solution: advanced production systems, interconnected and modular, that allow flexibility and maximum yield.
- Additive manufacturing: Systems to improve efficiency in the use of materials and drastically reduce components lead times.
- Augmented reality: augmented reality vision systems to guide operators during daily activities.
- Simulations: virtual simulation of interconnected machines to optimize processes, using a digital twin of the real model.
- IT security: the growth of interconnections, both internal and external, introduces the topic of data and systems security, that must not be altered from outside.
- Big Data Analytics: ways to manage great quantities of data, through open systems that allow projections and predictions.
REQUEST MORE INFO